Go to top
24-hour Advice Line: 0300 30 32 442

Contact Us


Our members can call our 24-hour advice line:

phone 0300 30 32 442

email Membership queries: [email protected]

email Advice queries: [email protected]


email General enquiries: [email protected]

email Sponsorship enquiries: [email protected]

phone 0300 30 32 442

Or fill in the contact form below.


Office opening hours (excluding UK bank holidays)
Monday to Friday, 09:00 am to 05:00 pm

Medical Defence Shield,
The Chapel, Trinity Gardens,
9-11 Bromham Road,
MK40 2BP

Directions on Google Maps ›

Frequently asked questions

Do I need indemnity insurance?

You must make sure that you have adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity arrangements in place, covering the full scope of your medical practice in the UK.

If you work for an NHS Trust or Board, indemnity is provided through the Clinical Negligence Scheme for Trusts (CNST) in England.

If you carry out any private or independent practice, you must arrange adequate and appropriate insurance or indemnity (even if this work takes place on NHS or HSC body premises). This applies even if the work is in addition to work you do for an NHS or HSC body. If you are treating NHS patients privately, you must check with your NHS or HSC body employer to confirm that indemnity is in place.

For GPs working in England and Wales, this is included in your normal NHS contracts of employment. For Locum GPs in Wales, you must be registered on the All Wales Locum Register (AWLR). CNSGP scheme is valid only for GPs in England and Wales. For Scotland, you must ensure you are covered under CNORIS.

You will still need to maintain membership with a medical defence body (MDO) and trade union to cover services such as patient complaints, regulatory (GMC) and disciplinary proceedings, employment and contractual disputes.

For more information on the Clinical Negligence Scheme for NHS Trusts and General Practice, refer to the latest GMC guidelines here.

Get in touch

If you require a quote or have a query, please submit your request using this form.

For indicative rates and to join online, see: mdsuk.org/membership-types/